Within the culturally and ethnically diverse community that is Copiague, the public schools occupy a unique position. It is our responsibility, in partnership with parents and the community, to enable every student to reach high levels of individual academic achievement, to acquire the sophisticated skills necessary for life and work, and to become informed, concerned citizens of a rapidly changing, interdependent society.
The Copiague Public School District is composed of a multi-cultural population of approximately 5,000 students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. The school system consists of four elementary schools, one middle school for grades six through eight, and one high school for grades nine through twelve. Copiague Public School District prides itself on its ability to offer quality educational programs.
• Full-day kindergarten.
• High School Regents Diploma Rate of 93%
• Annual attendance rate of 94%.
• Strong Regents and Advanced Placement for high school students.
• After-school child care program.
• Comprehensive interscholastic athletic program for students in grades 7-12.